Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2019

The Official Soundrack to The Wash!

If you've read the title of this post and are a bit confused, I completely understand.  Normally, a soundtrack accompanies a film.  Allow me to explain.




Eric San Juan is a musician, author and all around great guy who I've known for a while. As an author, he's written books about Hitchcock and Kurosawa, broken down television series like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead and has even published graphic novel collections.  

As a musician, he records under a number of names pending the project type.  Whether it's the chaotic guitar noisescapes of his M2 moniker, the more conventional XSweet or the laid back sounds of Tape Theory, Eric's music is never predictable and never boring.  His albums have accompanied me on dive boats, airplanes and even to other countries.

So imagine my surprise when he contacted me out of the blue to tell me that he'd recorded a soundtrack to my novel The Wash!  

I was floored!  Having an artist who you admire contact you and tell you that they were inspired by something you wrote is an amazing feeling.  Add to that, when he shared the early mixes of the tracks with me I found that I really liked them. They were mysterious and unsettling in the best of ways and I agreed that they would be perfect accompaniment to a film version of The Wash (at least as I see it in my head).

The album is now up for download and it's completely FREE!  Eric explains the process behind the album in his post here.  You can also find the link there to download it.  

For those of you who want more, I have a special deal for you.  Eric was kind enough to give me access to a bunch of outtakes and extra tracks from this session.  If you'd like them, then all you have to do is review The Wash on Amazon.  

LINK TO THE WASH ON AMAZON

Simply go to the link above and leave a review.  Send me an e-mail at w.cary.christopher@gmail.com along with a link to your review.  I'll reply to you with a link to the outtakes.

I really hope you enjoy Soundtracks for Horror Moves: Music Inspired by The Wash.  It's been playing on my iPod pretty regularly since he posted it.  I hope it gets its fingers way up under your skin and makes you anxious and so creeped out you can't sleep.  

As always, I have your best interests at heart.

No comments: