Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2019

Procrastination and The Art of Ignoring Your Own Advice

For those of you who don't know, I've been collaborating with fellow author Lisanne Harrington on a series of columns for O.C. Writers Blog.  Over the last year and a half or so, we've tackled all kinds of subjects and on more than one occasion, we've discussed different techniques for buckling down and getting your book finished.

Fast forward to the last two months where I have actively worked on any other project except completing my next book... WHICH IS LITERALLY ONLY ABOUT EIGHT OR NINE CHAPTERS AWAY FROM COMPLETION!  So why don't I take my own advice and buckle down to finish it?

No excuses.  The bottom line is that I've just been lazy about it.  I could list out a million reasons why from work to being sick to wanting to spend time with family, etc.  They'd all be true, but at the same time I have a laptop and I could easily carve out an hour a day to work on it.

All of that to say this.  I'm getting it done in May.  That's my promise to those of you who still check in on this blog and who enjoyed The Wash.  By the end of May, I will have it in a condition where I won't feel embarrassed to send it to some trusted beta readers.  The goal is still to publish by the end of the year.

What's it about, you ask?  

It's about a man named Phil.  

Oh, and it's also about southern swamp witches, a giant catfish monster, Russian folk magic and a girl named Arlene who would just as soon kick your ass than wave hello. Also there's the occasional reanimated dead thing.  

So, you know... the usual.

Watch this space for updates.  You may also find a preview or two in the coming months.  

Until the end of May, this blog will continue to host the weekly b-movie reviews and I'll post up links on FB. 

See you soon!




No comments: