Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Conversations Overheard During The National Championship Game

On Monday night, the Georgia Bulldogs played the Alabama Crimson Tide for the College Football National Championship.  It was an exciting game and at times frustrating for fans of both teams.  I'm not going to go into all that here though.  Instead I'm going to recount some conversations that may or may not have been overheard in a Chili's in Southern California during the game. 




"So help me, if someone changes that television over to hockey I will take a damn hostage."

 ###


"I'm rooting for Georgia because Alabama shouldn't even be in this game.  It should be Ohio State."

"Yeah, but didn't Ohio State lose to Toledo or someone by 60 points?"

"%&^* You!" 

 ###


"You know who has it the worst right now?  Auburn fans."

"Yeah, but it couldn't happen to more deserving people, right?" 



###


"You know what I hate the most about an all-SEC championship game?"

"What?"

"Nothing at all."

###



"Ugh.  That did it.  We just lost."

"How can you say that?  It's the fourth quarter with nine minutes on the clock and we still have a seven point lead."

"Trust me.  We just lost."

(Approximately twenty minutes later)

"See.  I told you we'd lost."

"I hate watching games with you."



### 







Okay, that last one was a cheap plug, but what are you going to do?  I'll be back with another Southern California post next week and maybe a little something else as well. 

Until then, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisanne Harrington said...

I used to be really into sports, hosted a Superbowl party every year, and at one point had season tickets for the Angels. But not so much now.

And the only college sport I ever enjoyed was softball.

So I can imagine there were a lot more colorful comments overheard at Chili's that day... ;)

Cary said...

Most of the more colorful comments came from me to be honest.